Sunday 28 August 2016

Chocolate Baroque Challenge Entry


 Well, this challenge was one that I struggled with since I only own 5 sets of Chocolate Baroque stamps and they are beauties. I would love to own more of Lesley's stamps since I just adore the style and the elegance that comes through in each set. Instead of making one card I made three.


 Each card was very different. Two of the cards were quite structured and used a few techniques whereas the other one was very loose in design. What I did discover is that in many ways I prefer a structured card, although I wish that I could be more free with the medium that I choose to use. Well, here below is the first card that I made:




It incorporates simple stamping on white card stock and colouring in with stampin up inks in real red, olive green, and crushed curry. I watered down the inks on a palette and then brushed them on darkening the areas that I wanted to be darker. I used Michaels paper and three bling dots to add more style to the card. Hope you like it.







 For my second card I used embossing powder in white and in detail green moss from the Michael's recollections line to stamp the images. Then I used a dauber to pounce colour in with stampin up real red, garden green and crushed curry. To create atmosphere around the flowers and butterflies I used tumbled glass distress ink. Here is my second version : I rather like how it had a watercolour effect. My third card is my favourite and uses a combination of techniques:

I used stampin up ink - real red, pumpkin pie, olive green, and crushed curry to get the lovely background colour. I wanted this card to be a different type of easel card and so I cut the oval shape into the easel card using My Memory Keepers Oval Set. I then stamped the image and coloured it in with ink wash and then stamped the butterfly on a separate piece of paper and fussy cut it. The tiny oval that serves to keep the butterfly aloft came form my Spellbinders Oval Florals set. For the background I started off with a sheet of white paper where I heavily covered with ink blending real red, pumpkin pie and crushed curry together. Then I took the butterfly and wet it and stamped it onto the background that I created. I love the effect and you can see it on the closeup photo. To finish it off I used stickles star dust to provide some sparkle in the flowers and on the butterfly where I used tangerine stickles.

It was great fun!!!!! Onto the next challenge!!!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Anna, all three of your cards are so pretty, and you can enter up to three times into our challenge, just add three seperate links with a different photo each time! This will give you three opportunities to win, so it is definitely worth the effort. Thanks for entering the challenge, and we hope to see you again soon, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have been busy! All three cards are stunning, really beautiful artwork. Thanks so much for joining us at Chocolate BAroque Challenge
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super selection of cards, all so lovely, Thank you for joining in Chocolate Baroque colour challenge, good luck, Zoe DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three gorgeous cards - love them all. Good luck with the Chocolate Baroque Challenge, Anne x.

    ReplyDelete